Do you struggle with the yips? Or have you had the yips, but you successfully overcame them?
If so, I could use your help. I’m working on creating a new program for golfers who struggle with the yips and I need feedback from you!
Please answer a 5 question survey that will help me help you overcome the yips in golf.
The survey will only take 1-2 minutes to complete. Complete the survey below or go here to complete the survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/yipssurvey
Survey Results to Date
Here are a few facts from the yips survey:
1. The majority of people who answered the survey said they have or have had the putting yips. Chipping yips came in second, followed by the pitching yips.
2. 34% have had the yips for 11 years or more (ouch!)
3. What have golfers tried? Here are a few common answers:
- Left hand low
- Fat grip or changing grips
- Putting with eyes closed
- Different putting grips and techniques
- Claw grip
- Heavier putter
- Claw and belly putter
What’s the problem with these approaches? These are all physical changes you are making with your equipment or stroke. But the relief will only be temporary…
Especially if you know the yips are a mental game issue. And they are! I suggest to golfers to stop looking for a quick fix and start looking at your mind’s role.
The yips come from fear and anxiety, not a faulty putter, stroke, or grip.
I’ll write you about some interesting solutions golfers have tried, based on my survey, soon.
But for now, please complete my yips survey if you have not done so: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/yipssurvey